You're invited to an evening of jazz supporting CPS student musicians. The CPS International Jazz Festival is Saturday, October 5, 2019, at the Aronoff Center for the Arts, 650 Walnut St., 45202.
- 9 a.m.–5 p.m. — Student festival and guest artist clinics
- 7:30 p.m. — Dynamic evening performance with internationally renowned jazz artists and CPS student musicians
A Unique Opportunity for CPS Musicians
The CPS International Jazz Festival provides CPS students with the exciting opportunity to perform for, listen to and learn from some of the best professional jazz artists from around the world.
During the Day
Students learn from professional jazz artists in workshops and clinics; meet, share, and exchange ideas with jazz students from other parts of the world; and perform on stage for adjuncators
In The Evening
Jazz-loving Cincinnatians are invited to an international jazz performance, featuring the award-winning Chilean saxophonist Melissa Aldana and her international jazz artist group, the Pipkov National Music School Jazz Ensemble (Bulgaria), pianist Shamie Royston (New York City), Escuela Superior de Jazz Sextet (Chile) and the CPS Elementary Jazz Academy Orchestra.
Featured guest artists include:
- Melissa Aldana (Chile), tenor saxophone
- Todor Bakardzhiev (Bulgaria), trumpet
- Shamie Royston (NYC), piano
Special performances by:
- CPS Elementary Jazz Academy Orchestra
- Greater Cincinnati Youth Jazz Collaborative
- The Lyubomir Pipkov National Music School Jazz Ensemble (Bulgaria)
Evening performance tickets are $10 (general seating).
For more information, visit CincinnatiArts.org, call (513) 621-ARTS  or visit the Aronoff Center Ticket Office.
More information about Activities Beyond the Classroom.